CLEVER WAYS TO STORE MAKE-UP
Organize everything in your bathroom, despite limited space!
Looking for new ways to get your bathroom organized? If you have more stuff than space, then it may be time to think outside of the box. Between rollers, hairdryers, make-up, beauty products, medications and other bathroom necessities, it can be easy to run out of space fast. That is why we've compiled this list of unique bathroom organization tips to help you get your bathroom under control for the new year.
1) If you can't tell from the picture, this storage cabinet is not in the bathroom, nor was it originally intended for the bathroom. I simply took everything that I owned out of the bathroom, divided it into categories, and then decided what type of storage I would need to hold everything. This was actually a media cabinet that I repurposed into a giant bathroom cabinet. It stays right outside of the bathroom door and stores everything from my stockpile of deodorants and body washes to my prescription medications. The only things that I keep in the bathroom are things that I use every single day. If you're getting frustrated with things not fitting in the bathroom, go ahead and move them out!
2) I used an artist's caddy for holding nail files, clippers, tweezers, eyeliners, make-up brushes, and small tubes of things. If the caddy space was too deep, I simply added tissues to the inside to raise the products up to a desirable height. I love this thing! It has made all of those tiny products so easy to keep up with.
3) I found the wooden library card drawers at my local hobby store. Really any kind of container will work here. I liked these because the front space is shallow and the back space is deep. I put mascaras, lipsticks, and lip glosses here. They fit nicely in a small space and make everything easy to grab. In fact, I purposely chose containers that did not have to be opened for just about everything in my bathroom storage cabinet.
4) The wooden tray at the bottom holds eye shadow, powder, blush, and other things that come in multiple colors. It's easy to reach in and grab the color that I want to use without having to dig through 40 eye shadow containers. For the ones that do not have clear lids, I labeled.
5) In the center I have a quick-grab make-up bag that just has the essentials in it, just in case I need to get ready on the go. Foundation, one eye shadow, lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, and blush are inside.